Workplace Charging Scheme What is it?
In this article, we are going to look at the OZEV Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS), how your business can benefit from using the scheme to install commercial EV chargers, and how you go about claiming it.
What is the OZEV Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS)?
The Workplace charging scheme is a voucher based scheme that provides support towards the cost of purchasing and installing a commercial EV charger. Run by the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV) the scheme is available in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
- The Scheme reduces the cost of an EV charger installation by 75% or up to the value of £350.
- A business can claim up to 40 single sockets which can be installed across multiple sites.
How do I qualify for the OZEV Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS)?
In order to qualify for the Workplace Charging Scheme there are a few conditions:
- There must be off street parking used only by staff or fleet cars which is either on site or a reasonable distance from work.
- You must either have or express a need for electric vehicles for your business.
- Charge points must be installed by OZEV approved installers, like us Rawson EV Power & Solar.
These have also just recently been added to the eligibility criteria:
- A small accommodation business such as a hotel or similar.
- Holiday resort/park or short stay accommodation.
- Camping grounds vehicle parks or a trailer park.
How does the Workplace Charing Scheme work?
The Workplace Charging Scheme is voucher based. In order to claim you first need to complete an online application which you can find here. Once you are successful you are sent a voucher code (which is valid for 120 days) which you would then present to the OZEV-approved installer. We can then use the voucher to claim the grant once we have completed the installation of the EV charger(s).
Claiming the Workplace Charging Scheme
Claiming the workplace charging point is simple as we are an OZEV approved installer of EV chargers. All you need to do is get in touch with us and provide your company information, we can then help guide you through the entire process.