fbpx

Welsh Government Future Proofing Fund

Reading Time: < 1 minute
graphic displaying renewable energy investments

New funding now available for Welsh businesses in retail, hospitality and leisure sectors.

The Welsh Government Future Proofing Fund has allocated £20 million to help these sectors improve profitability via the implementation of renewable energy technology such as solar PV and EV chargers.

What is the Welsh government future proofing fund?

Announced in March 2024 the Welsh government future proofing fund has made £20 million available to eligible businesses within the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors. Businesses will be able to claim a grant of between £5,000 – £10,000 for renewable energy improvements at their business.

Who is the future proofing fund for?

The future-proofing fund has been created to help micro, small and medium-sized Welsh businesses invest in renewable energy technology. Such technology can include Solar PV and EV chargers. The funding aims to help Welsh businesses reduce their energy costs going forward, helping to improve their profits while reducing carbon emissions in Wales.

Eligibility for Welsh government future proofing fund.

The future-proofing fund will pay up to 75% of the project costs or £10,000. Your business will then need to contribute the remaining 25% from other sources. Your project can amount to any cost however the fund will only provide up to £10,000.
To apply for the future-proofing funding, your business must:

  • Be located in Wales (or headquartered).
  • Employ people in Wales.
  • Employ between 1 and 249 people.
  • Have been trading before 1 April 2023.
  • Operate from a property with a rateable value between £6,001 and £51,000.
  • Own or lease the business premises on a minimum 3-year lease that extends beyond 1 April 2026.

If your business is offered the grant you must complete the project in full and submit the claim by February 2025.

You can find out more about the fund and apply here.

Our team are also on hand to help with our queries or questions you may have. Give us a call 01978 808517 or simply complete our contact form.

Enquiry form